Chat Schedule ( Central Time )
Thu, Sep 19, 10:00AM-3:00PM
Thu, Sep 26, 10:00AM-3:00PMShow more
CBRN SPECIALIST (74D)
CHEMICAL, BIOLOGICAL, RADIOLOGICAL, AND NUCLEAR (CBRN) SPECIALIST (74D)
Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Specialists are primarily responsible for defending the country against the threat of CBRN weapons and Weapons of Mass Destruction.
- Assist in the establishment of CBRN defense measures
- Provide training advice and supervision regarding CBRN equipment and operations
- Train military and civilian personnel on CBRN response operations
- Operate and maintain CBRN detection and decontamination equipment
- Serve on Biological Integrated Detection Teams, STRYKER NBC Reconnaissance Platoons, Technical Escort Battalions, Special Forces and Ranger Units
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a CBRN specialist requires 10 weeks of basic training, where you learn basic soldiering skills, and 11 weeks of Advanced Individual Training and on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Operation of CBRN Decontamination, Defense, Detection and Monitoring Equipment
- Preparation for CBRN defense Actions/Procedures
- Wear and use of protective equipment
- Hazardous Material Certification (at the awareness level)
- Exposure to toxic agents while wearing CBRN protective equipment
$50,000 Loan Repayment
Advanced HAZMAT Certifications Avail.
If you're interested, please email email@example.com.