12N-HORIZONTAL CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER
12N- HORIZONTAL CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER OPERATOR
Horizontal construction engineers use bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy equipment to move tons of earth and material to complete construction projects for the Army.
They are also responsible for operating tractors with dozer attachments, scoop loaders, backhoe loaders, hydraulic excavators, motorized graders and scrapers.
- Analyze the information on grade stakes and placing them
- Drive bulldozers, roadgraders and other heavy equipment to level earth
- Clear, grub, strip, excavate, backfill, stockpile and push scraper with tractor crawler
- Cut and spread fill material with scraper
- Transport heavy construction equipment with tractor-trailer
- Assist in performance of combat engineer missions
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for horizontal construction engineer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Operation of different types of construction and rough terrain equipment
- Maintenance and repair of equipment
- Identification of soil types and placement of grade stakes
$50,000 Student Loan Repay
If you're interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.