Tellers - Multiple Locations Available
This entry level position into Retail is used to identify tellers with less than 1 year of experience. Tellers provide a variety of teller account services such as handling deposits, withdrawals, payments, greeting customers and maintaining accounts. Operates a variety of office equipment. Explores customer needs and cross-sells services that are in the best interest of the customer.
Makes appropriate referrals to other business units for traditional and non-traditional banking products and services. Provides superior service to customers. Conducts relationships and activities consistent with established Bank policies, procedures and systems, the corporate code of conduct, Bank Secrecy Act and all applicable State and Federal laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct daily banking transactions for customers. To include but not limited to cashing checks, withdrawals and selling of negotiable instruments.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining cash drawer adhering to all established Central Bank policies and procedures.
- Document and report as necessary all cash drawer outages.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all applicable regulatory issues pertinent to the teller and customer services areas.
- Complete all necessary documentation and training as required for BSA.
- Adhere to all established security procedures.
- Maintain neat and orderly work area and ensure that all cash, negotiables and confidential records are secured and/or disposed of properly.
- Consistently follow company customer service standards.
- Responsible for actively participating in bank sales program by making appropriate referrals.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of all bank products and services.
- Attend all required training
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist others in the department/facility as needed and/or directed.
- May be assigned vault and/or ATM balancing responsibilities.
- May be assigned new account responsibilities.
- High school education or equivalent; or high school senior student working in school Cooperative Education Program.
- Cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
- Basic math skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer relations and communication skills.
- Must possess good judgment skills and the ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make decisions.
- Willingness to assume additional responsibilities/duties/projects as they arise.
- Ability to operate teller and office equipment including computers, calculators/adding machines, telephones, voice mail, electronic typewriters, copy machines, fax machines, automatic currency counter, coin machine, check encoder, and security devices.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.